Moab Water Sports
Whether it’s Green River canoeing, high-energy jet boat tours of the Colorado River, or thrilling white water rafting – few destinations offer the diversity of water sports scenery or adventure that we have here in Moab. Our guided river rafting trips are great for families and groups, or you may just want a leisurely paddle down the Colorado River in your own kayak or paddleboard. Whatever your interest, Utah offers some of the best river rafting in the country.
Colorado River Rafting & Tours
Out on the river, here are a few of our favorite Colorado River rafting and boating adventures:
- Calm Water Kayak: Experience rafting the Colorado River in your own kayak. We can accommodate novice paddlers and those with more advanced boating skills.
- Canyonlands by Jetboat: Step aboard the D. Julien to explore the river canyons between Moab and Canyonlands National Park for fun, thrills, and maybe an occasional splash or two.
- Colorado River – This private Full Day Trip lets you experience Moab white water rating on rapids such as Onion Creek, Cloudburst, Ida Gulch, and the famous Whites Rapid on this 14-mile stretch on the Colorado River. Minimum age: 5 years old.
- Paddle Boarding: The fast-growing sport of stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) is a fun, easy way to play on the water, and includes a Personal Flotation Device (PFD).
- Westwater Canyon Rafting: Experience “The West’s Best Short Whitewater Trip,” as named by National Geographic magazine. This trip has a great mix of whitewater action and unique scenery.
- Custom Tours: Our experienced guides excel at creating custom itineraries to fit your particular interests. Inquire about a special tour made just for you.
Tips from jeff
Where you want to go to experience the best of the Colorado River is often a choice of how much time you have to spend with us here at the Ranch. Some of our guests like to experience a wide range of activities, whereas others want a more immersive experience. For river rafting, there are several choices available:
- Half-Day: The Fisher Towers section of Colorado runs right past the Ranch, providing easy access so you can make the most of your time on the river;
- Full Day: For a wilder adventure, Westwater Canyon is a bit further upriver, offering a full day of exploration, or there is Cataract Canyon to the south within Canyonlands National Park;
- Longer Tours: Trips ranging from overnight to several days include starry nights, gourmet meals, and allow you to explore more remote sections like Desolation Canyon along the Green River.
Whatever you pick, it will be the experience of a lifetime!
All of our Colorado River adventures include the safety equipment and other essentials, but here are a few suggestions to bring on your adventure to assure your comfort:
- Shorts or a bathing suit with a “quick-dry” fabric;
- One shirt that is a synthetic material is recommended for sun protection and cooler mornings or evenings (cotton fabrics are typically not a great choice)
- You’ll need good footwear, not flip-flops but either sandals with straps, sneakers, or even wetsuit boots, and a few changes of socks;
- A breathable hat (woven) with a brim to protect face from sun.
- Sunglasses with a strap.