Moab Horseback Riding
Of all of the resorts with horseback riding to choose from, we know that our wide open skies, winding canyons, and otherworldly arches are one of a kind. And experiencing all of this grandeur by horseback just can’t be beat. With nearly 10,000 acres of rugged terrain to explore, and a crew of good-natured and fun loving wranglers, the wild is at your fingertips for some of the best Horseback Riding in Utah right here at Sorrel River Ranch.
HORSEBACK RIDING TRAILS & ADVENTURES
Here are just a few of the great horseback riding trips that we offer:
- Convent Group Ride: A relaxing ride for the entire family, this scenic 1.5-hour ride starts on top of the foothills and offers a gentle adventure without any worries as it descends into Ida Gulch. On the return climb, you’ll be rewarded with magnificent views of the surrounding rock formations and the often snow-capped La Sal Mountains.
- Mesa View Trail: Great for novice riders or busy families, the 1 hour Mesa View Trail keeps riders on top of the desert ridges offering open views of the Colorado River Valley, Parriott Mesa, Convent Butte and Sorrel River Ranch. Riders will enjoy many photo opportunities as our endearing wranglers tell stories about the local area.
- Parriott Ridgetop Group Ride: This adventurous 2-hour ride begins with a steep hill to Convent Butte. A hilly trail meanders through the valley then into Ida Gulch before ascending up toward Parriott Mesa. See how truly massive this famous rock formation is as you head back towards the banks of the Colorado River near Rocky Rapids.
- Private Rides: For the ultimate horseback riding experience take a private ride with our knowledgeable wranglers. Private rides are custom tailored for skill level and duration as you head up secluded Ida Gulch and get up close and personal with the enormous red rock buttes that define our majestic valley.
- Pony Rides (Ages 3-12): While you must be at least 7 yrs. old to go on a horseback ride the little buckaroos can begin training for the trail with our complimentary pony rides offered daily from 11:30am-3: 00 pm. For further fun don’t miss out on the daily petting zoo located at the Stables from 1:00-2:00 pm.
Tips from Jeff
Few activities combine fun, fitness, exploration, and relaxation as well as Horseback Riding. You may not even realize it as you ride through our spectacular surroundings but during your adventures by horseback, you will be getting a great workout to improve:
- Core Strength
- Balance and Coordination
- Muscle tone and Flexibility
With everything right here at the Ranch to suit all experience levels, Sorrel River Ranch’s expert team of guides and wranglers will make sure that you have an exceptional and safe Moab Horseback Riding adventure.