Moab Skydiving & Hot Air Balloon Rides
Bucket list? Of course. You know it’s one of those things you’ve always wanted to do. Take in the spectacular scenery of the majestic beauty of our nearby National Parks and scenic wonders. Defy gravity as you take in the spectacular scenery of the majestic beauty of our nearby National Parks and scenic wonders in ways impossible to experience by land.
Time and again our guests (and our team here at the Resort) marvel at how only from the perspective of high above the landscape can you truly appreciate how wonderfully diverse our geology is, and the powerful forces that shaped our part of the world. Here are a few of our favorite Air Adventures.
Skydiving & Hot Air Balloon Rides
If you want to enjoy an exhilarating adventure flying over some of our nation’s most spectacular scenery, it’s time to jump out of a plane at 120 mph! When your are Moab skydiving, you’ll get a bird’s eye view of Arches and Canyonlands National Park, Dead Horse Point State Park, and the mighty Colorado River where it merges with the Green River to form the famous Cataract Canyon. Sensory overload and adrenaline rush guaranteed.
Hot Air Balloon Rides and Scenic Flights
Some of the most beautiful places on earth are best seen by air. Nothing will elevate your vacation more than viewing them from 5,000 feet. See all of the great geographical anomalies of the National Parks and learn about their unique history from a highly trained hot air balloon or fixed-wing pilot as you soar over arches, canyons, and rivers. No two rides are ever the same as each new day brings with it varying lighting, vistas and weather. Our tours allow you to experience 360 degree views of red rock canyon, rock towers and arches, La Salle mountain and host of wild life including mountain lions, bighorn sheep, foxes, coyotes, bald and golden eagles and red tail hawks (just to name a few).
We have some great tours available right here through the ranch. Let us handle everything, so you can relax and enjoy.
- Canyonlands Scenic Flight – The impassible made possible. View the Colorado River and her canyons by air – the only way to see such majestic grandeur.
- Moab, Utah Hot Air Balloon Sunrise Adventure – Imagine ascending to greet the sunrise as you drift among geologic wonders that were being created when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
- Needles Overlook Helicopter Tour – See Dead Horse Point, the Colorado River, Thelma and Louise Point, and amazing views of the Island in the Sky and the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park.
- Moab Sky Diving – On the way up to 10,000 feet above the ground, you will see Moab from above the clouds.
- Monument Valley Scenic Flight – Soar over the spectacular Canyonlands National Park, Natural Bridges National Monument, and Monument Valley Tribal Park.
- Utah Zip Line Adventure – This course was strategically designed to create the ultimate experience for our guests, starting slow and sweet, and building to an exhilarating ¼-mile of zip line with some serious speed!
For Ballooning, the best time to go is an early morning where you will meet at the launch site about 30 minutes before sunrise. During this time when the temperatures are low, the winds are calm. Seeing the sunrise over the canyon is one of the most spectacular ways to celebrate a new day.
Being prepared for your balloon ride includes wearing layers of clothing as the temperatures may fluctuate as much as 40 degrees. Also, sunglass and a hat are recommended. Closed toe, low heel shoes are required and the only other item you will need on the ride is your camera with either a neck or wrist strap. Rides can hold as many as 9 up to 16 people. Smaller rides for 2 people can also be planned as well.