From Resort Chef Josiah Gordon
At River Grill, we believe that food tastes much better with locally grown and natural ingredients, and the dining experience is enhanced if you enjoy it with your friends and family. Here are some of Chef’s favorite recipes that you can try out in your comfort at home, and enjoy it your loved one.
meet the chef
Learn what our guest are saying about their Dining experience.
“When you’re dining at River Grill you know you are in for a treat, flavorful and exquisite, it’s a must experience ”
At Sorrel River Ranch we are committed to providing a dining experience that includes ingredients directly sourced from our own garden and local farms, so our guests will enjoy authentic, seasonal dining in Moab.
Come visit us soon,
Ricotta Cookie with Lemon Glaze
December 18, 2018
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup soft unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 15 oz. ricotta (preferably house made-drained)
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
Mix together flour, baking soda and salt-set aside. In a mixer with paddle attachment whip butter, sugar and zest until pale and fluffy. Mix in ricotta and vanilla then 1 egg at a time. On low speed gradually add dry ingredients. Cover and chill in a bowl for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop dough (1 tbsp. each) and shape into a ball. Bake until golden brown about 12 mins. Let cool before dipping in glaze.
- 1 tbs. unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4-6 tbs. milk
Mix everything but milk, add milk gradually until desired thickness, should coat the cookie and not fall off. Top with holiday sprinkles. Enjoy!
Smoked Pork Belly
November 12, 2018
- 1 uncured slab pork belly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Kosher salt
Combine sugar, mustard, and spices in a bowl and mix well, slather both sides of the pork belly generously with sauce and place on a cooling rack. Place in smoker and smoke at 250 degrees for 5-6 hours or until tender and most of the fat is rendered.
Smoker tips *
- Use apple or peach wood for best flavor. Check smoker every hour and add wood as needed to maintain temperature.
- Light charcoal and place soaked smoking chips (apple or peach wood is best) on top of charcoal and add as needed during the cooking process for a great sweet smoke flavor.
- While smoking the pork belly add lightly seasoned red cabbage to the smoker and remove after an hour. Once the smoked pork belly is ready, serve with the red cabbage, roasted potatoes, and cranberry sauce.
July 14, 2018
- 2 cups fresh Colorado cherry pitted
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garden green bunching onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp fresh honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup salad oil
Place cherries, vinegar, onions, honey, Dijon, garlic and salt into food processor, blend until smooth and slowly incorporate salad oil until thick 1-2 minutes.
- Fresh garden salad
- 1 cup sliced garden beets raw
- 1 cup sliced radish
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh garden mint/ cilantro
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 10 cups fresh salad mix
Incorporate all ingredients into large mixing bowl and toss with cherry vinaigrette until well coated, serve immediately or store undressed salad in fridge for 2-3 days. Chef’s tip: Incorporate mixed nuts and seeds for higher protein or add lemon grilled chicken breast.