Unforgettable Weddings in the Beautiful Canyons of Utah
Say “I do” amongst the beautiful scenery of Utah when you host your big day at Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa. Our Moab wedding venue and ranch has room for your entire party to stay and attend your special day.
Creating Lifelong Memories
A wedding is an historic event that launches you and your partner on a new life. Make it a lifetime-quality gathering by bringing together all the people you love in one incredible place. At our ranch in Moab, Utah, your entire party can gather in an intimate setting, revel in the breathtaking views, and relax and be pampered by a friendly and experienced staff.
During the prelude to and following your special day, your family and friends could enjoy one of the many adventures available both on and off the ranch in the surrounding canyon country. Afterward, they can indulge themselves at our lavish Colorado River Spa. Our river-view suites are gorgeously appointed in custom western chic.
For informal gatherings between events, our River Deck, Riverside Bar, and the lounge inside are perfect. Let us help you make this an event to remember.
However, we do have some guidelines and terms that we require in order to consider hosting your wedding.
They include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Guarantee of a minimum of 15 guest rooms per night for a minimum of two nights (by group rooms contract). Best Available Rate will vary by season, please inquire.
- Function space requires a food and beverage minimum of $125 per person, plus tax (6.95%) and gratuity (20%.)
- Set up fee from $150 – $350 per event/venue, for example if ceremony takes place in one part of the ranch and reception in another, there is a requirement of two set up fees.
- Due to Utah state food and beverage laws, we require that ALL food and beverage served at any event be purchased through Sorrel River Ranch If these terms and conditions will meet your needs, we will be happy to discuss further details and check availability of guest rooms and function space.
The Day of the Wedding
A variety of wedding locations are available throughout our Moab resort. There are also beautiful spaces available for rehearsal dinners, farewell breakfasts or brunches, and optional after-parties.
Wedding Ceremonies Include:
- Discounted Sleeping Room Rates
- Complimentary Valet Parking
- Infused Water Station, Draped & Skirted
- Microphone for Your Officiant
- Votive Candles
- Chairs, Chair Covers, Place Settings, & Set-up Provided by Sorrel River Ranch
Riverside Terrace – A Stunning, Outdoor Wedding Ceremony Site
Our Riverside Wedding Terrace is designed for intimate outdoor ceremonies. A comfortable seating area and unique “stage” framed by two large boulders, combined with a scenic backdrop make this an ideal venue for a picture-perfect wedding or renewal of vows ceremony.
Colorado River Room – Our Lovely Indoor Wedding Reception & Dinner Site
On the first floor of the main lodge, easily accessible and highly convenient—the River Bar is immediately adjacent, there is a doorway out onto the expansive River Deck overlooking the Colorado River. This room is ideal or wedding parties and receptions.
Outdoor Wedding Reception & Dinner Sites
Colorado River Deck
The convenience and scenery of the Colorado River Deck makes it Moab’s most incredible venue for wedding ceremonies, with all the conveniences of the lodge close at hand.
For intimate gatherings, the Homestead Garden provides ample outdoor seating surrounded by seasonally growing herbs and flowers. Lush green lawns and red rock views create a special ambiance you and your guests will remember for years to come.
Before- & After-Wedding Additions
Whether private or in one of our restaurants, let our Executive Chef and culinary staff treat you and your guests to a tasty menu, good company and a lifetime of memories made.
Farewell Breakfast or Brunch
Spend the morning after your wedding sharing fun stories of the night before with your closest friends and family.
Review Our Full Wedding Brochure
From bride Jennifer Swiatek:
“Trying to describe our wedding at Sorrel Ranch has us reaching beyond Webster’s range of words. They simply do not seem quite good enough. Not nearly. Shon & I choose the Sorrel River Ranch with some hesitation since although we travel from Vermont to Moab quite often, we have never been to the property. We know we wanted our intimate wedding of 11 to be something that would not only engrave in our families why Moab means so much to us…. but also treat them to an overdose of raw stunning landscapes and a shamefully exquisite feast.This was achieved and then… it went above.Every Bride and Groom has an image in their head what they want their wedding day to be like. You play out every detail in your mind. By your actual day it is perhaps bordering on unrealistic.Well…. this not only matched our vision… it blew it away.
The initial contact with Nina made us at ease. She was so enthusiastic! She helped us with every detail, sent us photos and options , entertained every question promptly and without tire through the entire process.
Something that was of utmost importance to both my Husband and I was the meal.We both try to outdo each other in the kitchen and we often revolve our travels around food experiences. We came up with an intense food menu and presented it to Chef Henry. Honestly we were concerned that he would find it a bit lofty. His response made us smile from ear to ear as he was just as excited as us and wanted to know if he had “play” room. We said ” Go for it ”
He took our menu and morphed it into the most thrilling , vibrant, sensational meal of our lives. It was intensely remarkable. Our families almost applauded with each course that came out…. the thought and work, and clear love of Farm to Table dining was so apparent. It was food in the most beautiful state. Henry & his team are artists and everyone was just floored .The composition on each plate was a dance of color, texture and culinary thoughtfulness.
Courses such as : ( to list a few)
- Compressed watermelon skewer,with basil caviar, spring radish, banyuls vinegar, sea salt, micro basil and balsamic reduction
- Chicken and waffle bites with assorted pepper jellies, pecan maple glaze and micro kale
- Saffron sous vide pork belly, green tomato marmalade, roasted beet pearls, petite greens, red veined sorrel and sea salt
- Mushroom and sun flower tea, garnished with cayenne oil, and sunflower shoots
- Thyme and duck fat sous vide beef tenderloin, duck fat mashed potatoes, port demi glace and petite greens
- Dessert of a house made waffle cone with a scoop of Ice cream they made from local honey. This was served in a Champagne glass with berries in the bottom alongside our Cairn shaped wedding cake.
We did not felt like it was a “job” to the Staff. We felt like we were guests in a good friends home. Everyone was so welcoming and genuine. We cannot express how much we appreciated how they made us and our families feel. By the end we were opening our homes to any one of them who might want to journey to Vermont !
We finished with S’mores by the fire… Shon and I looked around at the smiles of our guests… the chatter about the event and the joy they had for us.
Perfect is not good enough. It is just not. It was the best day of our lives and we owe a major part of that to this wonderful wonderful place and its gracious Hosts.
We will be returning for many Anniversaries. Thank you all.”