(reservations made through our Adventure Concierge, Available April 1 – October 31)
Ida Gulch Ride: Time 1.5 hours; Rating: easy, ages 7-adult, 52” height requirement
The Ida Gulch ride is our most popular ride, recommended for riders of any ability level. The trail winds its way through Ida Gulch and then back over rolling foothills with scenic views of Perriott Mesa, the La Sal mountains, and the Sorrel River Ranch. $108 per rider, inclusive.
Ridge-Top Ride: Time 1.5-2 hours; Rating; moderate, ages 9-adult, 54” height requirement
Riders on the Ridge Top ride will enjoy breathtaking views of Ida Gulch from greater heights. During the course of this rewarding ride, guests will navigate a few steeper slopes and must be comfortable in the saddle. $121 per rider, inclusive.
Stearns Creek Trail Ride: Time 2.5-3 hours; Rating; advanced, ages 12-adult, 60” height requirement
Ride across the ranch and then meander through the Stearns wash to unbelievable views of Professor Valley, La Sal mountains, and infamous ridges from atop the hills. A more challenging ride up through the wash and across some high ridges for those that are comfortable and have riding experience. $223 per rider, inclusive.
Private Trail Ride: Booked in hour increments; Rating; easy-moderate, ages 7-adult, 52” height requirement; Guests 12 and over permitted without an adult
For those guests who wish to experience the west with their own guide, private rides are available, as well as each ride listed above. Advance reservations required. $130 per person/hour, inclusive.
Beginner Lesson: Time booked in ½ hour or hour increments; ages 4-adult, 52’ height requirement
For the guest who would like some basic instruction and a chance to get comfortable in the saddle. Perfect for children who are not quite ready to hit the trail or just want to learn the basics on one of our selected lesson horses. Also great for guests who may want some instruction before heading out on our trails. $75 per person/half hour; $130 per person/hour, inclusive.
Pony Rides: 15 minutes; ages 3-12
Have your little buckaroo hop aboard one of our lovable kids horses for a trip or two around the arena. These rides are a perfect introduction for first time riders and great for children that are too young to hit the trails. All pony rides are led by one of our experienced wranglers. $32 per rider, inclusive.
Important Safety Guidelines:
- Horseback rides with Sorrel River Ranch Trail Riding LLC. are scenic and travel at a walk only.
- All riders must be 18 years of age, or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, with the exception of private trail rides and lessons, which have individual requirements listed above.
- All guests under 18 years of age are required to wear an ASTM/SEI certified helmet, which we will provide. Optional for riders 18 and over.
- All riders are required to wear closed toe shoes.
- Guests who are pregnant are not permitted on horseback rides.
- Guests must be in good physical condition and free of any existing problems that would prevent them from being able to complete a ride. Examples are hip/knee replacements, back problems, severe allergies.
- Please be aware there is a 24 hour cancellation policy on all horseback rides.
- All rides are weather and terrain condition dependent.
- Guests meet at the picnic table across from the arena and next to the barn. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.